Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Stop Your Doors From Creaking

It's amazing how certain things in a home never get fixed. While I was growing up we had some neighbors that had five kids, and it was amazing how often I would go over to their house and noticed that their door was creaking in their humble home, not only that, but it was creaking for over five years before anyone fixed it.

storm doors with screens

In fact, my dad told me to go take over some hinge lube, in a small yellow tube and ask if I could put this on their door for them. Apparently, he had also noticed their creaky door, but my dad was somewhat of a handyman for our own house.

STORM DOORS

He showed me how to put on the lube, on all the hinges, and made me practice on our front door. Then I went over to the neighbors house, and asked them if it was okay for me to practice on their door as well. They agreed, and in less than three minutes their door never creaked again. They were of course very happy with this, actually excited, and yet, they could have done it at any time in any three minute period during their entire lives while they lived on our block. But they didn't, why?

Now after telling you this story, I'd like to ask you a question; why does your door creak at your house? They still sell lubrication tubes for doors at the local hardware store, now there are several different brands to choose from; all of them are under about ten dollars so there is really no excuse for you not to stop your creaking doors. This is a home improvement project you can do today, and be very proud of yourself, like I was as a kid. Please consider all this.

Stop Your Doors From Creaking

Lance Winslow is a retired franchisor - Lance Winslow's Bio. Lance Winslow is formerly the CEO of WashGuys family of franchises for instance one of Lance Winslow's favorite companies on the team; http://www.windowwashguys.com/links.shtml/.

STORM DOORS

0 comments:

Post a Comment